Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Paranoia much?

I hate people ringing the doorbell when I'm home alone. I won't answer the door unless I am expecting a delivery or I recognize your shoes through the slit in the blinds.

I've always been this way.

I remember babysitting my sister in the summers and the doorbell would ring and we'd hide around the corner, out of sight, in case the person peeked through the window.

I'm still this way. I don't know what it is. I guess it's me wondering if someone tried to bust in the door, could I take him/her out.

So lady ringing my doorbell over and over. I'm not coming to the door. Even though, in my quick assessment, I could totally kick your ass.

2 comments:

  1. I do this too Nicole. Nate has a special door ring for me and I still peek through the window before I open the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm this way too - I'm trying to convince DH to do the same thing. At my work a couple of years ago we had a Police Officer come and to a talk. He said unless we know who is on the other side of the door, to not answer it.

    I don't think it's paranoia - but it's being safe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails