Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts

Well I'm back from vacation and have been thinking a lot about food.
I developed a very changed relationship with food when I got pregnant with my son. I stopped loving it. I realize now, that was just a 9 month change, but it was enough to really make me stop and think about it. I hated the smell, taste, and texture of it and then later hated how it made me feel. Pregnancy didn't agree with me and my digestion. I lost about 20lbs throughout the 9 months and ate like a bird, enough to sustain me and the little being I was growing inside.

Once he was out, I went on a bender. Seriously. I ate like I had starved for 9 months. I guess I sort of had. My portions grew bigger, my love for chocolate returned and I started indulging. My relationship with food had returned as had some extra weight.

Spending this much time at home, I also felt the need to experiment with foods. Change up our meal plans. I haven't done as much of this as I'd like, but I feel like September will be the turning of a new leaf again.

September 1 will mark a new relationship with food. One where I respect it and its ability to make me ginormously huge. And one where I stop with the status quo and start getting creative.

Little does hubby know, until he reads this blog or we get to tomorrow, whichever comes first, but we're going on a diet. Well, maybe not an actual diet, but a lifestyle overhaul. We'll have our moments, sure, because food is just too good. But we're dropping the lbs, getting healthy, enjoying our meals and renovating our relationship with food.

Starting tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. I always think of September 1st as the start of Fall... Maybe it's because it's back to school time, or the start of September is also my birthday, so a new year for me too.

    Anyway, what I'm trying to say, is that I think September 1st is a great time to begin a new relationship with food.

    Are you planning on doing meal plans? If so, please share!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails