Friday, July 9, 2010

Thoughts

I was giving some thought the other day to a friend who has kinda dropped off the face of my planet. I thought she'd be around more, take interest in the baby, catch up. I have sent some emails and they often go unreturned. I make attempts to meet up, but they are always met with busy schedule. Don't get me wrong, I know people are busy, lead busy lives and just because I'm available on maternity leave doesn't mean everyone is. That's not what I'm saying at all. I guess, I've seen this friend rally around other gals once the babies have been born and taken a real interest in their lives. I guess I'm just not the friend I thought I was to her.

On a different note, I've been attempting to bake cookies all afternoon so I'd have a Foodie Friday post, but the little monster had a different agenda. Instead of basking in the delight and smells of freshly baked cookies, he has been nap fighting and whining. On this rainy Friday, my dear child, you should let Mama bake! It does her body good...well, it does her mind good. The body's another story.

1 comment:

  1. I have friends like that too... it's sad, so I try not to think about it.

    Oh homemade cookies. I may have to buy some cookie dough tomorrow (I really try to avoid creating a big mess since we don't have a dishwasher. FX we get it soon!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails